Part of the reason you haven’t seen many lunch and dinner postings lately is because they’ve been pretty sad, and very unpicturesque. However, last night I managed to finally incorporate some veggies into my day with the help of some broccoli, frozen kale, and peppers.
This morning I headed out to a Body Cycle class!
I was feeling pretty tired thanks to a hard training day yesterday (I ran to Unite Fitness in the morning, and then played an hour and a half of squash in the evening), so I made the decision on my
run jog down to the studio to not absolutely kill myself during the class. Since I have another hard workout day planned for tomorrow, so I wanted to make sure that I’m geared up for that.
It took me about 15 minutes to get into my groove, and from then on I stayed mostly in my “working hard but not dying” zone, while occasionally catching glimpses of the “Instructor, I want to punch you in the face” zone.
After Body Cycle, it was time for my weekly Trader Joe’s trip! To be honest, I wasn’t feeling like grocery shopping, but I’d been putting it off for a couple days, and I finally realized last night that I really needed a little more variety in my kitchen. Over the past couple days, I compiled a mental list of not only groceries, but also of “grocery cues”, as I realized I was getting low on food in the fridge.
So! You know it’s time to grocery shop when…
- You start thinking about how to incorporate eggs into every meal
- Breakfast for dinner is not just an option, but more of a necessity
- You start opening up the cupboards when you’re hungry rather than the fridge (searching for non-perishables vs perishables)
- You forget what vegetables taste like, and you stop planning your meals around them
- You start to base your meals around nut butter
- The nut butter supply is getting low because you’re eating it at every.single.meal.
- You try to think of all the different ways you can combine oats, peanut butter, and protein powder.
Speaking of nut butter, this has been my go-to
meal snack for the past few days, and fortunately sadly I have just polished off the box:
And of course, you can’t go to TJ’s without getting a “fun” purchase:
Alrighty time to shower and do some work thangs before heading out to meet up with friends! Have a terrific Tuesday!