Happy Friday everyone! First off, say hello to Squash on Squash’s new design! I’ve been wanting to change the look of the blog for a little while now, and finally decided on this theme. Over the next little while there will probably be a few more changes made to the site, so don’t be too shocked if there are some alterations when you check back 🙂
Alright! Time to share what I’ve been diggin’ for the past week:
I can’t not start off the post with this one- sorry to all those who automatically hate me for even mentioning this teen-heartthrob/cheesy boy band.
Courtney and I went to see these guys at Lincoln Financial last night, and to say that we were excited was an understatement. That is, before and after the torrential downpour that nearly cancelled the concert.
Okay, well on second thought it doesn’t look as though Courtney’s enthusiasm faded due to the rain, but we really were pretty worried. Just look at the state of the stadium between the opening and main acts:
All that cloudiness in the picture? A steady stream of rain that fell for a good 45 minutes. I was seriously impressed by the die-hard fans that didn’t leave their seats before 1D came on stage. I bet they all woke up with a cold today.
It’s safe to say that we completely transformed into 13-year old girls for the 2-hour concert. Tweenage clothes, middle-school dance moves, and girly screaming helped us fit right into the crowd. Well, except for the fact that we were at least 2 feet taller than nearly the entire audience, minus the Dad’s who so lovingly accompanied their daughters, and plugged their ears throughout all of the boy band madness. To all the Dad’s- you guys deserve a million gold stars for that one.
Soon to come- Squash on Squash’s first ever squash recipe!!!
Last night, Courtney and I made butternut squash and black bean burritos for a pre-concert dinner. They were super filling, which really surprised me because they were completely vegetarian! Yay for beans!
Cashew Oat Balls
I seriously considered just scrapping vegetables from my meals and replacing them (and all other foods) with these babies.
I’m well aware that I claim everything I make tastes like cookie dough, but these really do! Thank goodness I only made 5, because these flax-filled, protein-packed, cashew butter critters were freakishly addicting.
Unless you are allergic to cashew butter, and if you like cookie dough (who doesn’t?!), make these ASAP. Well, as soon as I post the recipe 🙂
It only took me 3 months to get around to doing it, but I finally got around to cleaning out my backpack yesterday. While doing so, I discovered a random assortment of things, like my Klipsch headphones receipt (thank goodness- now I can get my current ones replaced!), as well as some old photographs that I brought with me to college freshman year.
- Top left: a post card that I picked up in Cape Town
- Bottom left: me as a kid in a pool with my dad. If you look closely, you can see that my bathing suit has a ruffled skirt on it. All I can say is, it’s a good thing there are certain things only little kids can pull off.
- Top right: my grandparents and me before my high school graduation. The most shocking part about this picture is the difference in my shoulders between then and now. This was back in the Noodle-arms-Nicole stage of my life. (Not that I’m super muscular now, but at least I can do more than 1 pushup).
- Bottom middle: my parents and me at my high school graduation ceremony. Check out that purple cast! Thankfully it came off the day before the grad dinner dance so I didn’t have to sport it instead of a corsage (see top right picture).
- Bottom left: Just your usual Photo Booth fun.
Well that’s the big news from my corner! For the first time ever, I’m going to link up with Heather from Housewife Glamour for Friday Favourites. Thanks for hosting, Heather! If you want to see what other healthy living bloggers are lovin’ lately, be sure to check it out!
- What are your thoughts on One Direction? Love ’em? Hate ’em?
- Do you have any fun plans this weekend?!