Ever since my delicious lunch at Westville in NYC on Sunday, I can’t get smoked salmon out of my mind. So, when I saw my favourite fish on sale at a decent price today, I had to go for it!
When I got home from squash today, I knew I wanted something cold for dinner. There was no way I was about to heat up the apartment by cooking a hot meal, while I’m trying to cool it down with AC! My first thought was to make a smoothie, but since I am still blender-less, that was a no go. Next best thing? A salad!
On my grocery expedition today, I also picked up my new green leafy vegetable for the week, arugula! (Last week’s was kale, and towards the end I was getting a little kale-d out).
This salad was super quick and simple, and tasted pretty similar to something you could get at off the appetizer menu at a restaurant! (Where do you think I got the idea? 😉 )
Smoked Salmon, Goat Cheese and Arugula Salad
- 3 handfuls arugula (aka rocket), washed
- 3 oz smoked salmon
- 1/4 crumbled goat cheese
- 1/3 avocado, cut into slices
- 1/2 cup cucumber, chopped into quarters
- 3 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp red wine vinegar
- Combine olive oil, lemon juice and red wine vinegar in a small bowl and mix well.
- In a medium salad bowl, pour salad dressing over arugula and use your hands to mix until it is evenly coated.
- Top with avocado, smoked salmon, cucumber and goat cheese.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
Thanks to the avocado and salmon, this ended up being a pretty substantial salad full of Omega-3’s! I’ve also got a recipe for a quiche in mind, which uses these 3 main ingredients. I don’t think I’ll ever get sick of the smoked salmon and goat cheese combo!
Question: Are there any combinations you will never get sick of?
For me, it’s chocolate, peanut butter, banana. Til death do us part.