Looking for a refreshing, light, yet substantial salad for dinner? This kale quinoa salad has lots of fiber and protein to keep you full without weighing you down. Plus, you can easily add chicken or salmon to increase the protein content.
Enjoy it on its own, or as a side dish on a warm summer day!
Lemon Balsamic Kale Quinoa Salad
- 2-3 cups kale, chopped
- 1/3 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1/4 cup feta cheese, chopped
- 1/4 yellow pepper, chopped
- 1 small carrot, chopped
- 1 handful cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup red onion, chopped
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- Mix together lemon juice, balsamic vinegar and olive oil. Once combined, pour over kale and “massage” until completely covered. Let the kale sit in the excess liquid.
- Cook quinoa either on stovetop or in microwave (microwave is faster) until fully cooked. Quinoa should no longer be hard and grainy. (Microwaving should take about 6-7 minutes to cook on high. Make sure to stop and stir a couple times)
- Move kale to another bowl, leaving the excess salad dressing in the bottom of the original bowl. Pour quinoa into salad dressing and let soak. Put kale back on top of quinoa.
- When the quinoa has absorbed the rest of the salad dressing, mix together the kale and quinoa.
- Add the remainder of the vegetables and cheese to salad. Store in fridge until ready to serve and eat!