Have you ever heard of a 150 calorie pint of ice cream?
No? Well, then, allow me to introduce you to Arctic Zero, the makers of this delicious, better-for-you ice cream alternative.
I first discovered Arctic Zero when
procrastinating doing some blog research this summer in Philly, and was immediately intrigued by their product. I just had to find a store that sold this “healthy pseudo ice cream”, so I entered my zip code on their store locator, and happily surprised to find multiple suppliers close by. I found Arctic Zero to be a great alternative to the frozen yogurt bar that was two blocks away from my apartment, and managed to get my hands on a few flavours, such as Sea Salt Caramel, Chocolate, Mint Chocolate, and Vanilla Maple.
A few facts about Arctic Zero that sets it apart from some of its competitors:
- Low calorie: 150 calories per pint
- High protein: 12 grams per pint
- High fiber: 8 grams per pint
- GMO free
- Gluten free
- Low glycemic
- Lactose intolerant friendly
So, naturally I was pretty pumped when Arctic Zero contacted me a few days ago, inquiring whether I’d be interested in trying some of their 150-calorie frozen desert pints.
Is there anything more exciting than getting a notification that you’ve received a package?
Yes, there is: getting to the pick-up centre and discovering that your parcel is a large, ice-cold box.
Thank goodness the pints were frozen solid, because if they had been edible right away, I think I might have overdosed on Arctic Zero. (Don’t worry, I still OD’d over the next 24 hours, and I still have a bunch left over!)
So, how have I been enjoying my guilt-free frozen deserts? (Hint: it involves a lot of chocolate and peanut butter)
- Plain and straight out of the container. Duh.
- With peanut M&M’s (goes great with the chocolate peanut butter flavour!)
- With nut butter (cashew butter, peanut butter… chocolate peanut butter)
- Paired with fresh or frozen fruit (mango + Vanilla Maple flavour is my fave)
- In a healthy chocolate milkshake!
The other day I had just finished a workout and missed lunch (it was about 3pm and lunch ends at 1:45), and needed something quick yet substantial in my stomach before squash practice at 4:45. I rummaged around my mini fridge and food shelf, and combined the following ingredients to make a delicious chocolate concoction!
With only 3 ingredients, this milkshake is simple, yet tastes incredibly indulgent, without giving you that “sugar slump” feeling. Another huge bonus? It’s the perfect post workout meal, with upwards of 20 grams of protein!
Healthy 3-Ingredient Chocolate “Milkshake”
- 1/2 pint Chocolate Arctic Zero frozen desert, slightly thawed
- 1 scoop Vega chocolate protein powder (I prefer Vega in smoothies/milkshakes, but any good-tasting chocolate protein powder will do)
- 1 frozen banana
- Place all ingredients in a blender, and mix on high until smooth. Pour into a glass and enjoy!
What and When: You get the opportunity to try Arctic Zero for FREE!! The giveaway will end this Saturday, September 20th at midnight, and 4 winners will be selected randomly to receive a voucher for this delicious desert.
How to Enter: Click on the link below to enter for a maximum of 2 entries per person.
Click here –> Rafflecopter giveaway
Disclaimer: Arctic Zero provided me with complimentary samples, and I was not compensated for my review. All opinions expressed here are my own. The Arctic Zero giveaway is only open to those residents within the US.