Good afternoon! Hope your Sunday is going well 🙂
My day started off this morning with one of my favourite breakfasts… Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Protein Steel Cut Oats! What a mouthful! (pun intended 😉 )
This tastes like dessert in a bowl. When the oats are warm, the peanut butter melts with the chocolate protein powder and I swear it tastes like a chocolate peanut butter brownie. Well…almost…
Oh, and I apologize for the imperfect pictures… it seems as though I’m not very skilled at stirring without making a mess.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Protein Steel Cut Oats
- 1/3 cup pre-soaked steel cut oats (Soak the oats overnight in water, and they will cook faster in the morning)
- 1-2 Tbsp Peanut Butter
- 1/2 Scoop Chocolate Protein Powder (I used Vega’s Choc-a-lot Protein Smoothie. I love it because it tastes natural AND good, not like chemicals)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 banana
- 1 Tbsp chia seeds (optional)
- Put pre-soaked oats into a microwaveable-safe bowl, and combine them with the protein powder, water, and chia seeds. Stir well.
- Microwave on high for two minutes, pausing halfway through to stir. Make sure to watch closely, so they don’t boil over and make a mess!
- Remove bowl from microwave and top with Peanut Butter and banana slices.
- EAT EAT EAT
This breakfast takes very little time to make and is delicious enough to motivate me to get out of bed early in the morning! Plus, it keeps me full for a long time, thanks to the protein from the protein powder, fibre from the steel cut oats, and healthy fat from the Peanut Butter!
Also, if you’re not a banana fan, you will find that this dish is just as good without the banana, although I highly recommend it.
Question: Do you like the Peanut Butter /Chocolate/ Banana combo?
I like Peanut Butter and Chocolate, Chocolate and Banana and Peanut Butter and Banana, therefore I feel obligated to like all three of them together. They’re all ookaaayy on they’re own, but I find they’re roughly 100000 times better together 🙂