My obsession with chocolate and peanut butter continued this morning, with one of my favourite warm-weather combinations: Chocolate “Cheesecake Pudding”!
I’m a huge fan of cheesecake. I’ve always preferred it to normal cake, which I find kind of boring and sometimes tasteless. Cheesecake, on the other hand is thick, rich, and creamy, and rarely disappoints.
So, if pancakes can be eaten for breakfast, why not cheesecake too?!
Sadly, there are three problems with having cheesecake for breakfast:
- Cheesecake takes over an hour to make and bake, and I’m not very patient when I’m hungry.
- I don’t have easy access to a kitchen at college
- As much as I love having sweet foods for breakfast, that much sugar first thing in the morning would put me through such a sugar high/low, I’d never be able to make it through one 50-minute lecture, let along a full day of them!
After some experimenting, I discovered an easy and healthy winner, using only 3 ingredients!
Breakfast Chocolate Cheesecake Pudding
- 3/4 cup Plain Greek Yogurt (either 0% or 2% works best)
- 1/2 scoop Chocolate Protein Powder (I used Vega’s Choc-a-lot Protein Smoothie, the same one I like to use in my Chocolate/PB/Banana Oatmeal!)
- 1/4 cup Almond Milk or milk of choice
- Optional: Peanut Butter (highly recommended), nuts, seeds (chia, flax, hemp hearts), chocolate chips, banana
- Combine greek yogurt and protein powder.
- Thin out mixture by gradually adding in milk
- Stir until fully mixed
- Top with desire add-in’s, and dig in!
I topped my Chocolate Cheesecake pudding this morning with Adam’s peanut butter, and enjoyed it alongside a banana (with more PB of course), and some Almond milk! Adam’s is my favourite Canadian brand, because it is made with just peanuts, and is not too expensive! Win-win! 🙂
Now I think I’m sufficiently fuelled for my workout. On the agenda for today:
- Cycle to squash club
- Train for 1 hour with Brian
- Run with a friend (distance TBD)
- Cycle home
Squash Off-season = endurance grind!