Last night I made a Taco Bean Salad!
I’d say that along with Indian, Mexican food is one of my favourite types of ethnic cuisine. As I was making my salad last night, I thought about all of the reasons why I love Mexican food, and ended up making a list.
7 Reasons Why I Love Mexican Food
- One word: Guacamole. Warning: I get defensive about my guacamole. Please don’t ever steal my guac. I will be very upset with you if you do. Actually.
- I love crunchy tortilla chips. Or maybe I just like being able to dip them in salsa and guac…
- I absolutely adore Mexican spices. I could eat taco-seasoned chicken for days on end.
- I quite like beans as well, I’ve realized. Refried beans with melted cheese on top? Go try it now, please.
- Mexican food can easily be “healthified“.
- I have great childhood memories of me eating tortilla soup. There really is nothing like a good tortilla soup… I avoid getting it at non-Mexican joints, because it just doesn’t measure up.
- How many different ways can you make tortillas taste so great? Chips, Enchiladas, Quesedillas, Tacos, Burritos… the list seems pretty much endless.
Well there you have it. Most of the reasons why Nicole likes Mexican food!
Now that I have justified my obsession, let me share my dinner from last night: Taco Bean Salad!
In the mix went:
- 2 handfuls spinach
- crumbled goat cheese
- 1/4 cup 2% Plan Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup Guacamole
- 1/4 cup Edamame
- 1/2 cup black beans
- 1/2 cup chick peas
- a handful of tortilla chips
If I had had them on hand, I would have added a few other ingredients to my bowl, such as salsa, tomatoes, and peppers, but sadly I didn’t pick any up at the store today.
In any event, this dinner was still a winner, mostly because of all the toppings! I never had any “boring leafy bites”, which sometimes happens with salads. Gotta love hearty salads!
Do you like Mexican food?
- If not, what other kind of ethnic cuisine do you enjoy?
- If yes, what about Mexican food do you like the best?
It’s easy for me to answer this question: GUACAMOLE!!! 😀